As long as I have eggs in my fridge, I’m a happy camper. I don’t know about you but I’m OBSESSED with Eggs. 2-3 eggs mixed with the fresh mushrooms and a hit of tabasco get me super duper egg-cited! Sorry for my hyper activeness- but I just get so happy when I write about food! There’s one more newly added item to my food obsession list. Avocados. Ah, avocados. We love ’em in guac, spread ’em on toast, and spin into a widespread panic whenever we catch wind of a possible shortage. YUM! If you’ve been following my Instagram feed, you’ll probably notice that I’m on an avocado kick lately. Can’t get enough of it. I’ve been eating at least 1/2 an avocado almost every day. Actually my avocado fever kicked in right after my trip to Miami. Guacamole was served in almost every single meal. I once ordered an omelette from one of those small little cafes on South Beach, and half a portion of avocado was served with it, alongside a piece of fresh brown toast. And that was it. I found heaven right here.
On one sunny morning- back in my cute little home in Doha, and right after my workout session- I decided to try something new combining both eggs and avocados. I went through some recipes online and found this. Although this recipe is not mine, i had to share. And YOU MUST try this- despite your possible skepticism about the combination. Fear not! NOTES This recipe calls for chopped chives, but feel free to serve with whatever fresh herbs or other toppings you have available. A tablespoon of salsa or a little hot sauce would offer a nice hit of spice. INGREDIENTS 2 ripe avocados 4 fresh eggs 1/8 teaspoon pepper 1 tablespoon chopped chives DIRECTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
That’s it! It’s that easy. Perfect to eat right after your workouts, or for breakfast. Whip it up- I will be making this twice a week.